Filter by Category
Learn to Play Cribbage
with Dane Hustead
Learn to play Cribbage and take advantage of probability! How to be a card shark in one of the oldest trick taking games.
Instruction and round robin tournament
with Paul Stepp
Always wanted to learn chess but didn’t have the time? Even wondered what a skewer, fork, discovery or pin is in chess? Here’s your chance. This course covers the basic rules of the game, as well as strategies to help you win! Recommended literature and media for even further growth will also be presented. This course is targeted at novice or new players.
Model Boat Building
with Paul Stepp
Participants will learn how to build a wooden model sailboat. These models are built to sail on calm water with a light breeze, but may also be used as a static display. Two model kit options are available, with one geared towards kids and one towards adults. Recommended minimum age is 12+ with a parent or guardian attending with anyone under 16 yrs. Models kits are the Dumas Ace and Dumas Junior sailboats.
I’m Paul Stepp, and I’ll be your instructor for this course. I teach automotive repair full-time for ASUMH, and in my spare time I build a variety of model types, including large-scale radio-controlled ships, submarines, and various types of vessels. I specialize in sailing yachts and Chris Crafts. I also enjoy camping, continued education (psychology), and spending time with family and friends. I love animals, and currently have a curly-haired black (Chesador) lab named Rosie. I look forward to working with all of you!
SOULutions for Stress
with Kim Worlow
1,000,000 employees miss work each day because of stress. Let’s do something about it! This session is interactive, entertaining and thought provoking and is guaranteed to shift your thinking about stress. SOULutions for Stress will support you to get your energy (and even your stress) working for you instead of against you!
OBJECTIVES for this Session:
- Check your thinking on what is "really" causing your stress (you may be surprised!)
- Identify 4 major blocks to your peace of mind & what to do about each of them
- Learn 6 ways to influence your stress immediatley, right now, today
- Learn new strategies for responding to your stress long term
Your Presenter: Kim Worlow is a certified Leadership Development Coach and Trainer. She holds a Master’s Degree from the University of Illinois. Kim spent over 10 years with the University of Arkansas as a leadership trainer. More recently, she served as the Director of Education at Baxter Regional Medical Center, where she focused on leadership development across the organization. She specializes in helping professionals accelerate their growth and mastery in all things leadership! She currently lives in Mountain Home, AR and her company is called InspireMe.
with Jennifer Veloria-Dunn
Enhancing your performance on the ACT is instrumental in determining your choice of college. This six-hour course will prepare you for specific types of questions in Reading, English, Writing, Math, and Science and give you pointers on time management, anxiety relief, scoring and general standardized test-taking strategies. Please be sure to bring an ACT approved calculator to the training.
Small breaks will be given. Students are encouraged to bring snacks and a light lunch.
About your instructor:
My name is Jennifer Veloria-Dunn. I have been in education for 14 years and I have been teaching ACT Prep since 2013. My goal is to ease test anxiety and to have students practice ACT specific testing strategies to effectively take the test. After taking this class, many students have reported increasing their composite score by up to 7 points!
Microsoft Word- Advanced
with Melanie Lueck
Microsoft® Word enables you to do far more than simple word processing. Word includes advanced image manipulation tools, collaboration features, cross-referencing and linking tools, entry forms and data collection, security features, and tools to automate document production.
- Use images in a document
- Creat custom graphic elements
- Collaborate on documents
- Add reference marks and notes
- Secure a document
- Create and manipulate forms
- Create macros to automate tasks
This is one class with two different meeting dates and different materials will be taught during the sessions.
June 14, 2023
June 21, 2023
Young Manufacturers Academy
The Young Manufacturers Academy is a program open to students entering 7th - 10th grade in the Fall 2023 who are interested in exploring careers in manufacturing.
The right skills and education lead to in-demand, high paying jobs in manufacturing. Get a head start on your career at the 2023:
Young Manufactuerers Academy
- Learn about ASUMH’s Technical Center's capability including Mechatronics, Automotive, Welding, and Boat Building Programs.
- See how the next generation of manufacturing offers exciting career opportunities for everyone – including young women.
- Career Exploration using Oculus Virtual Reality headsets.
- Use computer software and technology including Computer-aided Design (CAD) & 3D Printing.
- Hear about career and educational pathways directly from industry and education partners.
- Find out what skills you’ll need to prepare for a career in advanced manufacturing.
- Participate with hands-on, fun manufacturing activitiesTour 2 manufacturing facilitiesLunch and snacks provided daily.
- Class is limited to 25 students entering grades 7 -10 in Fall 2023. YMA will be held June 26-30, 2023. At the ASUMH Technical Center located at 4034 Hwy 62 W., Mountain Home AR 72653.
- Parents are responsible for dropping students off by 8:00 am and Picking them up at 3:00 pm.
Rural EMS Education Session 3
with Tony Hartman
This is for ANY EMT that needs CEU's for their National Registry EMT or an individual interested in obtaining their Emergency Medical Responder (EMR).
These sessions will be offered in a similar pattern from 2023 - 2024 so if someone is not able to attend all of these sessions they could attend a session in that year.
By attending all 8, it will meet the NREMT and State of Arkansas requirements.
For the EMR they must attend all 8 concurrently, then we will assist the individual in obtaining their EMR through NREMT.
Register for each session separately
- April 8, 2023 Session 1
- May 13, 2023 Session 2
- July 8, 2023 Session 3
- Aug 12, 2023 Session 4
- Oct 14, 2023 Session 5
- Nov 11, 2023 Session 6
- Jan 13, 2024 Session 7
- Feb 10, 2024 Session 8